Community Access Services is seeking Employment Specialists to serve our customers in Washington County and Hood River/The Dalles!
We believe everyone should have the opportunity, and the right, to live and work in their community. If you embrace the belief that cultural, social, and other differences should be respected and valued, and community inclusion is a right, not a privilege; then join our team!
We are building a team of employees that is diverse and enthusiastic about supporting and empowering individuals with developmental disabilities to access their communities through vocational experiences and employment. This position is full-time and will pay $15-16 hours DOE + benefits and $250 bonuses for placement and retention.
Job Duties Include:
- Assist job seekers in obtaining community-based employment opportunities (at minimum wage or better) using customized employment strategies and evidence-based practices.
- Assist job seekers to gain vocational training, benefits planning and access to other services when applicable.
- Assist job seekers with connections to community resources and benefits.
- Complete vocational intakes; develop career plans; develop relationships with employers; complete job analysis and job carvings; create and complete resumes/cover letters, and provide job coaching and retention.
Minimum Education and/or Experience:
- Highly Preferred: completed Supported Employment certifications such as EOP II, Highline, VCU, APSE, CESP, etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree with a proven track record for providing supported employment services for at least 1 year, or a combination of comparable experience and education.
- Strong knowledge of the communities of Washington County, or Hood River/The Dalles.
- Previous experience working with someone living with a developmental disability, preferably in an employment setting
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to qualify as a company driver (Licensed at least 2 years with no more then 3 driving infractions in a 3 year period)
- Must have your own reliable transportation to get to job sites not on the bus line
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check (conducted by the State of Oregon DHS—more information about disqualifying crimes can be found here: (http://www.oregon.gov/dhs/chc/docs/crimelist.xls)
Please submit a resume, cover letter describing how your candidacy meets the minimum qualifications specific to the position you are applying for, and completed application to Community Access Services, Attn: Heather Salek.
You are welcome to email your submission to Heather@cas-dd.org, fax to (503) 217-2127, mail or drop off in person to our satellite office located at 4506 SE Belmont Street, Suite 110, Portland, OR 97215. An application can be downloaded here: https://communityaccessservicesjobs.wordpress.com/application-for-employment/.
- Medical/Dental/Prescription Drug Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Voluntary Vision Plan
- Voluntary Term Life
- TDA/Pension Plan
- Flex Spending Account (Medical/Child Care Options)
- Generous Paid Leave (PTO) includes 6 recognized holidays and anniversary day
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Training