Community Access Services (CAS) is seeking talented, self-directed, passionate, and highly creative people to join our In-Home Supports program. We are looking to fill part time and full time positions in Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Columbia and Clatsop counties. These positions will be supporting adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities who live on their own, or live with their parents or family in the community.
We are seeking qualified people to fill full and part time positions on weekends, evenings (after 6 pm), early mornings, occasional overnight relief care, and willing to drive more than 30 miles occasionally. This position requires that you have access to your own, reliable vehicle for the duration of your shift to transport individuals (we reimburse for mileage).
Some examples of In-Home Supports services requested by individuals working with us are:
• Support with planning and participating in a community activity/organized event
• Getting ready for work/school with bathing/shower, dressing, personal hygiene, toileting, making nutritious meals
• Transportation in the community to places like work, school, or shopping
• Assistance with seeking low income housing or finding volunteer opportunities with community organizations
• Supports with reading, writing, or Sign Language interpreting during a formal/informal meeting
• Assist with medical appointments understanding physicians/nurses; managing medications and medical protocols; etc
• Help with finding and meeting new people that share the person’s interest and values
• Researching and/or learning Assistive Technology devices/software
• Monthly budgeting assistance reviewing bills, writing checks, or online banking
• Learning effective ways to manage a home with housekeeping, laundry, purchase supplies, general maintenance, etc
• Support with First Aid and/or handling of emergencies as needed
We are looking for people that have the following knowledge, characteristics and abilities:
- Able to work alone and manage services with multiple people in a service area
- Have reliable transportation and able to navigate Portland metro and surrounding areas (many of the sites are not accessible by public transportation).
- Willing to work a flexible work schedule that may vary from time to time
- Knowledgeable with community resources (i.e. housing, medical, social benefits, etc.)
- Experience working with people living with intellectual/developmental disabilities and mental health
- Willing to work early mornings, nights, and/or weekends, and sometimes holidays
- Able to travel more than 20 miles and occasionally longer distance to provide support services.
- Able to transfer/lift an adult, teen, or child while performing ADLs/IADLS. Training will be provided specific to the person supported.
- Great sense of humor, loves challenges, passionate about quality services, person centered, high attention to detail, and creative
- Fluent in American Sign Language, Spanish, or Russian is preferred
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be able to qualify as a company driver (Licensed at least 2 years with no more then 3 driving infractions in a 3 year period)
• Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen (we do not screen for marijuana)
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check (conducted by the State of Oregon DHS–more information about disqualifying crimes can be found here: (http://www.oregon.gov/dhs/chc/docs/crimelist.xls)
Hourly wage starting at $13.75 plus benefits for those working at least 30 hours a week.
Please submit a completed application along with your resume and cover letter to Community Access Services, Attn: Heather Salek.
You are welcome to email your submission to Heather@cas-dd.org, fax to (503) 217-2127, attn: Heather, mail or drop off in person to our satellite office located at 4506 SE Belmont Street, Suite 110, Portland, OR 97215. An application can be downloaded here: https://communityaccessservicesjobs.wordpress.com/2015/05/20/application-for-employment/.
Questions? Please contact Heather Salek, Career Development Coordinator: Heather@cas-dd.org or (503) 545-9511.
Benefit Package (Available to those working 30+ hours per week):
• Medical/Dental/Prescription Drug Insurance
• Short/Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
• Voluntary Term Life
• TDA/Pension Plan
• Flex Spending Account (Medical/Child Care Options)
• Paid Leave (PTO) includes 6 recognized holidays and anniversary day
• Referral Bonuses
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Paid Training and Mileage