We employ nurses (LPNs and RNs) in homes where five individuals with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities (I/DD) live. These individuals have a variety of medical needs and require a significant level of supportive care. Responsibilities will include providing nursing support to individuals with daily medical needs. We provide nursing support to individuals living with I/DD in Clackamas and Columbia counties.
Positions pay depending on experience, plus a generous benefit package for those working at least 30 hours a week. **We are offering a $2,000 hiring bonus for new Nursing staff who have worked six months with us.
|Licensed Practical Nurse – DSA Clackamas||40 hours a week –
Monday – Friday, 8 AM to 4:30 PM
|Licensed Practical Nurse – Clackamas Group Home||
16-24 hours a week—
Friday and Saturday 5:45 AM to 2 PM, and an occasional Tuesday or Thursday day shift
Minimum requirements for employment with CAS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to qualify as a company driver (Licensed at least 2 years with no more then 3 driving infractions in a 3 year period)
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Must be comfortable working in a home where a cat or other pet resides
- Must be willing to work at least one weekend day per week, and in some cases our shifts may occur over both weekend days.
- A current RN license for the State of Oregon and be in good standing with the Oregon Board of Nursing
- Previous experience working as an LPN or RN
- Current CPR/First Aid Certification (BLS preferred)
LPN Position Details:
The Licensed Practical Nurse provides skilled nursing care for individuals with developmental disabilities who are medically fragile living in a residential setting. The goal is to assist individuals served in achieving a healthy and fulfilled life in their homes and communities. The Licensed Practical Nurses provides direction of medical care and oversight in the absence of the RN Medical Manager. The LPN provides support with medication administration, side effects, tube feeding, care of J & G tubes, nebulizer treatments, IV maintenance, and with various pumps.
How to apply:
Please submit a completed application to Community Access Services, Attn: Heather Salek. We also welcome resumes and cover letters; however they aren’t required to apply with us. You are welcome to email your submission to Heather@cas-dd.org, fax to (503) 217-2127, mail or drop off in person to our satellite office located at 4506 SE Belmont Street, Suite 110, Portland, OR 97215. An application can be downloaded here: https://communityaccessservicesjobs.wordpress.com/application-for-employment/. If you are unable to print out the application, please let me know and I can mail you one.
Please contact Heather Salek, Career Development Coordinator: Heather@cas-dd.org or (503) 545-9511. Interested in learning more, or meeting one of our current nurses to get a better understanding of the job? Please let me know.
Benefit Package (Available to those working 30+ hours per week):
- Medical/Dental/Prescription Drug Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life
- TDA/Pension Plan
- Flex Spending Account (Medical/Child Care Options)
- Paid Leave (PTO) includes 6 recognized holidays and anniversary day
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Training and Mileage