This position will develop and manage CAS’ Children’s In-Home Supports and Children’s Intensive In-Home Services, in Clackamas, Washington, Multnomah and Columbia counties. Services are provided to children who experience developmental disabilities and live with their parents. Range of supports vary widely and are completely individualized. Examples of supports include: providing very personal support in using the restroom, bathing, getting dressed; medication administration; assistance in nurse delegated tasks; lifts/transfers/repositions; support in attending medical appointments and in implementation/communication of physician orders and recommendations; positive behavior supports; support in learning/utilizing healthy social interaction skills and appropriately managing/negotiating relationships.
Key responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop/manage Support Services for children: services, contracts and staff
- Develop/manage Children’s Intensive In Home supports, contracts and staff
- Market services to County Developmental Disability Programs (CDDP) and to families
- Negotiate individualized support contracts, manage these contracts and manage/submit monthly billings by applicable billing deadlines
- Ensure services provided are top notch, person-driven, highly individualized, in synch with contract, in compliance with the Oregon Administrative Rules, and are documented to Medicaid/CDDP standards
- Ensure excellent customer service to those receiving/directing their supports, to the family members, CDDPs, school system staff
- Recruit, train, schedule, supervise, coach, and develop staff; manage proactively, respectfully, and collaboratively, partnering with In Home Supports Coordinator and Human Resources Director in addressing areas of personnel concern and in proposing opportunities for staff development/growth
- Support staff in managing/responding to crisis situations that occur
- Ensure back up support when staff are unable to fulfill a schedule obligation; periodically cover shifts as needed to ensure continuity of care and fulfillment of contract obligations
- Represent the organization in a positive, professional, customer/family/staff centered manner, in customer meetings, networking events, trainings, and in every form of professional correspondence
- Required: Minimum of two years experience in social services, some of which includes supports to individuals who experience developmental disabilities. Minimum of one year experience in supervising/managing/leading staff.
- Preferred: Bachelors degree in human services or a related field, or arguably equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in delivery of children’s services, program development, tracking and billing for services, and individualized/person-centered planning.
Additional minimum requirements for employment with CAS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to qualify as a company driver (Licensed at least 2 years with no more then 3 driving infractions in a 3 year period)
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check (conducted by the State of Oregon DHS—more information about disqualifying crimes can be found here: (http://www.oregon.gov/dhs/chc/docs/crimelist.xls)
- Must be comfortable and able work in a home where a pet resides
How to apply:
Please submit a completed application to Community Access Services, Attn: Heather Salek. You are welcome to email your submission to Heather@cas-dd.org, fax to (503) 217-2127, mail or drop off in person to our satellite office located at 4506 SE Belmont Street, Suite 110, Portland, OR 97215.
An application can be downloaded here: https://communityaccessservicesjobs.wordpress.com/application-for-employment/. If you are unable to print out the application, please let me know and I can mail you one.
Questions? Please contact Heather Salek, Career Development Coordinator: Heather@cas-dd.org or (503) 545-9511.
Benefit Package (Available to those working 30+ hours per week):
- Medical/Dental/Prescription Drug Insurance
- Short/Long Term Disability & Life Insurance
- Voluntary Term Life
- TDA/Pension Plan
- Flex Spending Account (Medical/Child Care Options)
- Paid Leave (PTO) includes 6 recognized holidays and anniversary day
- Referral Bonuses
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid Training and Mileage