As a Job Coach at Community Access Services, you will work one-on-one with a small caseload of adults who experience varying degrees of intellectual and/or developmental disabilities supporting them in paid community-based jobs. Responsibilities for this position will include providing on-site job training and support to individuals in their workplace regarding job duties, policies, and procedures in collaboration with the employer, communicating with your caseload’s employers, supervisors, and co-workers, documentation of daily interactions and activities, generation of monthly status reports about each customer on the Job Coach’s caseload, and working as part of a team to develop and update each individual’s support plan. This position is part-time (12 hours per week) and pays $13.75.
In addition to CAS’ minimum requirements, the Job Coach position requires that the candidate possess two years of previous experience working with people who have disabilities/impairments, proficiency using Microsoft Office, and experience in teaching or training. To be considered for this position, we also require a resume and cover letter with the completed CAS application.
Minimum requirements for employment with CAS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to qualify as a company driver (Licensed at least 2 years with no more then 3 driving infractions in a 3 year period)
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check (conducted by the State of Oregon DHS—more information about disqualifying crimes can be found here: (http://www.oregon.gov/dhs/chc/docs/crimelist.xls)
- Must be comfortable working in a home where a cat or other pet resides
- Must be willing to work at least one weekend day per week
How to apply:
Please submit your resume, cover letter and a completed application to Community Access Services, Attn: Heather Salek. You are welcome to email your submission to Heather@cas-dd.org, fax to (503) 217-2127, mail or drop off in person to our satellite office located at 4506 SE Belmont Street, Suite 110, Portland, OR 97215.
An application can be downloaded here: https://communityaccessservicesjobs.wordpress.com/application-for-employment/.
If you are unable to print out the application, please let me know and I can mail you one.