We have residential support opportunities (Direct Support Professionals) in homes throughout the Portland Metro and Columbia County areas. These positions occur in home environments where individuals living with Intellectual/Developmental Disabilities reside. These individuals have a variety of medical needs and require a significant level of supportive care. Responsibilities will include support with daily needs (hygiene, getting dressed, transferring) and accompaniment on outings in the community.
We welcome those who have previous experience supporting individuals who experience intellectual and cognitive challenges in a residential setting, however welcome those without experience what have a strong interest in doing this kind of work (and we will provide training).
Please select an area from the list below to learn more about specific days, times and shifts we have available:
Minimum requirements for employment with CAS:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to qualify as a company driver (Licensed at least 2 years with no more then 3 driving infractions in a 3 year period)
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen (we do not screen for marijuana)
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check (conducted by the State of Oregon DHS—more information about disqualifying crimes can be found here: (http://www.oregon.gov/dhs/chc/docs/crimelist.xls)
- Must be comfortable working in a home where a cat or other pet resides
- Must be willing to work at least one weekend day per week (in many cases, shifts include both Saturday and Sunday)
How to apply:
Please submit a completed application to Community Access Services, Attn: Heather Salek. We also welcome resumes and cover letters; however they aren’t required to apply with us. You are welcome to email your submission to Heather@cas-dd.org, fax to (503) 217-2127, mail or drop off in person to our satellite office located at 4506 SE Belmont Street, Suite 110, Portland, OR 97215. An application can be downloaded here: https://communityaccessservicesjobs.wordpress.com/application-for-employment/. If you are unable to print out the application, please let me know and I can mail you one.